Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break is No Longer!

They say all good things must come to an end, and so it had to be with my Spring Break. I really enjoyed having the week before Easter off of school, and although I did not get everthing done that I wanted to, not having to be out of the house for class and clinical was a welcome break. I was able to quasi clean my house, it's nowhere NEAR as put together as the pre-baby me would have liked it, but it is getting there. I was able to start my workout schedule(boy am I FEELING IT today!!) and spend some time with friends. Easter was fantastic, and yes, I will post pictures soon. Addison was the hit of the morning at church in her cute little pink dress, white booties and tights. We had dinner at my parents house, Marcus's parents came from DC and our friends Isai (pronounced eeeesaieeee) and Rachel joined us as well. They had a daughter Madelyn, 3 days before I had Addison, and were our neighbors in the hospital. What a blessing to share such an experience with some of our closest friends!! "Addy and Maddy" as they are called, enjoyed some quality time together in the pack and play, and all of the adults enjoyed a great meal. Now, fast forward to Monday. Did I get up and go to school like the diligent little student I normally am? NOPE! I stayed home, missed lecture and enjoyed a day with my daughter, and then an evening of exercising with the ladies from church. Spring Break totally killed the momentum I had going, and it took a day or two for me to get it back. Alas, I am back at it now, and hanging on to the fact that I only have until May 7th before Summer begins. I have a 5 page paper that is due on Friday, that no, I have not started...due to circumstances beyond my control. However, I am all set up to write it tomorrow night, and it will get done, barring an act of terrorism or serious medical emergency. So, off to bed I go, so that I can get up for my clinical tomorrow. Stay tuned for pictures!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

You are hysterical...let's hope there isn't an act of terrorism or any serious medical emergencies to keep you from your paper.
I can't wait to see some Easter pictures of Addison. I'm sure she was a hit at church. McKenna was a bit of a hit herself. I still don't dare put her in the nursery, I'm terrified of the germs she could pick up and the resulting medical emergency (been there, done that).
You've always been a "go getter" so I'm sure you'll get your paper done in no time! May 7th will be here before you know it!!