Sunday, March 30, 2008

Perspective

Over the last week or so God has been working on me in the area of my perspective. I have decided that 99% of how we feel about things in life has to do with out perspective. For example, I had to work tonight and really didn't want to go in. I have 2 choices about the way I look at that. Do I dwell on the fact that I didn't want to go to work, and mope and be bitter, or do I thank God for a night that was busy enough to be exciting, but slow enough that I got an hour of study time for my test tomorrow? Do I choose to be sad that I am away from Addison, or thankful and happy that she is with her daddy, who is developing his own loving bond with her? Do I focus on the fact that I am totally stressed out about my test tomorrow, or that because of that test my teachers moved our practical demo test to a week from Wednesday instead of Wednesday? I know there are some things in life that are just terrible, with very little to redeem them. I know there are hard situations that have little to no silver lining to be found. But I do not believe that the stresses of our everyday lives are that way. Let me challenge you, as God is challenging me, to notice, and when needed adjust your perspective. I think you will find that it will add alot of joy and thankfulness to your day!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amen sister!! I've learned a lot about perspective recently too. In my case, I have learned that keeping an eternal perspective, when the big things go wrong, will save your sanity. Isn't it amazing (although challenging) that God can use the difficult details of our days, as well as the huge events, to teach us how to be more like Him?! Perspective!! It's a gift, I think.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog on perspective. I needed to hear that lesson again. I get so bogged down with school work, problems with kids, family, etc. that I need to remember Who is in charge. Things may look grim but JESUS is risen and is on the throne. We are going to spend eternity with Him. How's that for perspective?
Grandmom Brinkley