Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What's New

I have already enjoyed my summer so much, with a new womens Bible Study, hanging out with friends and just enjoying Addison. She is so big now, 14lbs, and "talking" up a storm. Praise the Lord she regularly sleeps 8 hours a night, with a morning nap so my life has gotten much easier. We are just enjoying this less stressful time as a family right now, before Marcus starts the Police academy on June 16th. I am so proud of him for all of his hard work, he is now up to running 5 miles at a time, and working on his puch ups and sit ups. For my part I am walking as much as as far as I can daily( when it doesn't rain!) and going to a ladies work out once a week. I have some fairly ambitious fitness goals over the next year, so we will see how that works out. I still need to find time to sit down and put all of my pictures on the computer so that I can post them here, I know I am soooo behind with all of that. I have just so enjoyed not "having" to do anything. My work schedule has picked up some, but I only work in the evening or night time hours, so that is why I sometimes post comments at 4am when I get home!:) This weekend we went with the youth group to see Prince Caspian, and just a warning to parents out there it is a fairly violent movie, and they were not shy about showing some mass carnage. It is PG for a definate reason, and Marcus and I even had a discussion on the way home as to if it should have been PG 13 or not. I would have been horrified had I taken any smaller kids. WEll, it's time for ADdy's nap so I think Mommy might take one too!! Till later!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying a slower pace of life. How exciting that Addy is sleeping for 8 hours at a time. We're getting there. Some nights McKenna does well and other nights are miserable. It just depends on what kind of day we've had.
Good for you that you're getting in shape. I just find it almost impossible to find the time. Especially since Ryan is now working 80-90 hours a week. Remember that you're always welcome to come and join our chaos anytime!!

Amy said...

I'm so glad that life has slowed down for you, for the moment and that you're getting a chance to relax and breathe a little and just enjoy your family. Those moments are so precious!