Thursday, June 12, 2008

Countdown!!

The Rodriguez house is a buzz with excitement right now becaue Marcus starts the police academy on Monday morning bright and early. Saturday is orientation and "family day" so his parents are coming up tomorrow and staying so that they can go with us. It will be us, my parents and his parents, so he will have quite to crowd. The last week has been spent getting the house ready( almost there...just a little more to go!!) and getting everything Marcus needs in order so that Monday goes well. I am very excited for him because this is something that he has wanted to do his entire life, and I am proud of all the hard work he has already put into being successful. If you could pray for us this week that we will adjust to our new way of life easily, and that Marcus will have a great first week we would appreciate it!! In other news, Addison has started eating "food" this week, and by food I mean some rice cerel and peas, but so far she likes it. The doctor wants her to put on some weight( she is 14 lbs 11 oz at the moment) so he thought this would be a good way. She is 6 months old today, and I can't even believe it. I am so thankful, because she is now going to bed around 9pm and sleeping all night, which is making life SO much easier for all involved!!:) I am well, still working some crazy hours, ( I am headed to work after I finish this post!) but still glad not to be in school for the time being. Right now my main focus is getting things taken care of that had lapsed during my whole "I'm having a baby and starting nursing school" insanity and making life as easy as possible for Marcus as he starts the academy. I will post pictures as soon as I find the cord for our camera, I am afraid it was the victim of my nazi cleaning spree!! Till next time!!!!

1 comment:

Grandmom said...

Hi Heather, I am so far behind in checking in with you and I apologize. I've caught up with all of your "insanity" as you call it and am so glad you get to "rest" for a while. My schedule should be pretty free for a while after the Fourth of July, so plan to come and visit.
I know Marcus will be very successful at the Police Academy. they will probably love having somebody who can already run 5 miles. I'm impressed.
Grandmom