Thursday, April 3, 2008

You Know You are a Mom When....

So, today I was doing my clinical rotation, like I do every Thursday and Friday. It's an insanly busy time, and can be nerve wracking at times. This morning I grabbed my lab coat and ran out of the house without checking the pockets because I was almost late. So, I rushed into clinical and stared my day. About half way through the day I was walking with my instructor, who asked if I had a roll of tape to help her secure a bandage. Being the dutiful student that I am, I had grabbed on on my way into the patients room. So, I reached into the pocket of my lab coat...grabbed my roll of "tape" and handed my teacher a....BINKY!!! That's right, one if Addisons binkies had made its way into my pocket, and tried to pass for an actual medical supply. Good thing my teacher thought it was hysterical, and it provided the comic relief needed to break the tension of what was a very stressful morning. Only a mom, and really, only me:). So, as for finding humor in every day life, I hope that gave you a chuckle, because it sure did me. The joys of motherhood!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You had me laughing out loud!! I have lived that moment too, which made it even funnier for me:) When I worked at the apartment complex, I went to pull a key ring out of my pocket to hand to a pair of brand new tenants, and I handed them a binkie instead! Fortunately, they had a good sense of humor and we decided that an actual key might work better then a binkie at opening the locks on their doors!!!

Judy said...

I don't have a binkie story to share yet because Christian was a thumb sucker, but McKenna loves her "binks" so I'm sure I'll have a story soon. I have no idea why we've started calling her binkie her binks, but even Christian is calling it that these days. Who knows!!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!
Grandmom Brinkley