Wednesday, April 9, 2008

YIPPEEE!!

I had my hour long skills evaluation today, and passed with flying colors!! I am so glad and thankful, because doing school with a baby is a whole different ball game, and I just don't have the time to obsess about things like the pre-Addison me did. Because of that, I go into some of these evals feeling a little nervous. However, I did all 3 of my skills in a little under 4o minutes, with only one minor mistake which I caught right away. I am so thankful for the grace God has given me to not only get through school, but do well, and for all of the love and support that is around me. So, if anyone needs a naso-gastric tube, a wound dressing change or medicine or food through a tube inserted in the stomach, I am your go to girl:) Now I am going to go take a much needed nap since my little one is taking one too!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Congrats on passing your skills evaluation!!! Everything is a whole new ball game with a baby! I've done this whole baby thing before and it's still a whole new ball game all over again! The bad thing about having two kids is that my first kiddo doesn't nap, so mommy NEVER gets a nap. Somehow I'm still surviving!

Amy said...

Congratulations!! That has really got to be a relief for you:) We're looking to hire an LPN at the Cancer Treatment Center where I work . . . . :)

Judy said...

I'm coming home this coming weekend. It's time for the girls to meet each other. Maybe you could come by my parents sometime on Sunday or Monday!! Just let me know!

Grandmom said...

I hope I never need a naso-gastric tube or any of those other things you mentioned but, if I do, you are the one I will call. Congratulations! With God all things are possible, just don't try to add anything else to your schedule.
Grandmom